Sweetgrass Ritual Cleansing Stick
Sweetgrass is used for cleansing a person or place in preparation for sacred work or ritual and helps to create a sacred space. A sacred plant among some Native American tribes, Sweetgrass has a strong sweet aroma that is also used in some traditions as an offering to spirit and ancestors.
Use Sweetgrass to cleanse a space of negative energy, to bless a space for abundance, and to bring peace.
Some traditions, in lieu of burning, will hang Sweetgrass in the home to work with the intentions it brings. How a practitioner decides on its usage is up to personal preference.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
How to Use:
- Light the tip of the Sweetgrass Bundle until it catches aflame (Note: Leave the string on as that will help keep its shape)
- Allow the Sweetgrass Bundle to stay aflame for 5-15 seconds
- Blow out the flame once 5-15 seconds has passed so you’re left with just the embers and smoke
- Starting from the back of your space and with windows open, walk through your space and with your free hand, feather, or fan, move the smoke coming from the Sweetgrass Bundle (Alternatively you can also place your Sweetgrass Bundle onto a heat proof receptacle lined with salt to catch the ash instead of holding the Sweetgrass Bundle)
- Bear in mind, the Sweetgrass Bundle may stop smoking over time so relight as needed
- Once you have walk through and smoked your space to your satisfaction, place the Sweetgrass Bundle onto a heatproof receptacle, if you haven't done so already, to allow it to naturally go out on its own or snuff it out in salt
- We recommend cleansing your space with the Sweetgrass Bundle every so often or as needed, depending on your needs and desire