At House of Intuition we encourage people to feel at home with us when they walk in the door. We provide a community for spiritual seekers both in our stores, our classes and our online member supported channel HOI.TV. We believe there is room for all belief systems. Having a community of spiritually minded people is invaluable so we wanted to share some annual events you may be interested in! These are family friendly events that range in focus from healing and sustainability to music and yoga. Be sure to check out their websites for upcoming dates, prices and local weather so you can plan accordingly. We hope you will support these conscious family friendly events that are bringing spirituality, appreciation of different perspectives, art, sustainability, leadership development and mindfulness to so many people. These events can be an extended vacation or some offer day passes. Here are some incredible family friendly festivals that are sure to help you connect to a deeper spiritual life!
1. Wanderlust - Kids under 13 are free and welcome in class with a ticket holding adult! Anyone 14 and older will need a ticket. You can find these events around the world and they include yoga, seminars, vendors and progressive community action organizations. Wanderlust is a celebration of mindful living at incredible resorts with chefs, dancing and an opportunity to make new friends. The locations are always in beautiful mountain areas that inspire love for nature and living in harmony with ourselves and all creatures.
2. Lucidity Festival - Lucidity has a themed village just for families. This artsy extravaganza was started in Santa Barbara in 2012 and includes opportunities to learn about healing, playing, collaborating, communicating as a facilitator and similar progressive subjects. You can sit silently by sacred fires for reflection, listen to soulful and intentional music or find people of like mind that return each year to be a part of the magic. This intentional gathering has quite a few educational programs that are very forward thinking.
3. Lightning In A Bottle - For the music lovers, you will get a wide variety of artists at this festival! You will see an artistic array of performers, musicians, classes and kids activities at this family friendly festival yearly in California. The next event will be May 24, 2018 and you can get early bird tickets to save some money. This will be held in Bradley, CA and there is a bus you may be interested in taking to get there. They have a green team to make the event as sustainable as possible and they offer payment plans on tickets.
4. Bhakti Fest - This is happening September 6-11, 2017 in Joshua Tree. This annual yoga event is kid friendly and wholesome. It won't feel like a rave and has incredible yoga teachers of different lineages offering classes. You'll be able to enjoy nature, music and eat all types of healthy foods at this yearly event. This is a drug and alcohol free event that is focused on the devotional paths of yoga, kirtan music and meditation. Accommodations include beautiful bell tents, apartments, camping, dorms or you may bring your RV.
5. Summer Solstice Sadhana Celebration This annual 10 day kundalini yoga and meditation event in Espanola, New Mexico and has a youth camp that parents help out with. Kids will have a chance to meet other yogis and have time away from their parents so they can socialize. There are special accommodations for nursing moms and snacks for kids that have dietary allergies. Parents will offer at least one day of service in an area other than where their children are usually. There are also service exchange opportunities for families working on a budget. There are various options for accommodations (some buildings and some camping).