Mantra: “Exploring my shadow has given me immense depth, and I am only stronger as a result.”
The second eclipse of 2023 arrives during a week of many astrological shifts, so expect a lot of developments as well as revelations. On Friday, May 5th at 10:34 a.m. Pacific Time, the Moon will sit across from the Taurus Sun to form a Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio. Of all twelve zodiac signs, Scorpio represents the parts of our lives we’re always reticent to discuss: power, sexuality, transformation, and our dark or shadow side.
Bringing the power of three Full Moons in one, this eclipse will bring sensitive subjects to the table to be discussed. But this is nothing new—we have been before. Six months ago, a new beginning occurred during the October 25th New Moon Solar Eclipse in Scorpio, so this is the end of a story that was born then! Go back to your emails, texts, and records to remember what themes were present in your life back then, as they will most likely resonate with what’s happening now.
In nature, eclipses tend to be unpredictable, even for astrologers! However, when analyzing the astral configuration of this eclipse, one could say the sky spells more favorable than negative outcomes. Instead of challenging one another like they were back on October 25th, the planets will be cooperating with one another. Today, the two most positive planets—Venus and Jupiter—will be forming a sextile, which is a connection of luck and abundance. On a regular day, a sextile between them brings flow, connection, and even the arrival of gifts. So, under a powerful eclipse, the results could be even bigger and more powerful!
And while eclipses are not meant to be necessarily harnessed, certain activities can help us feel comfortable in this liminal space:
Practical Tips to Handle the Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio
- Practicing chakra balancing meditations get out of your mind and into your body.
- Devote part of your week to connecting with your five senses by feeding them what they like.
- Give yourself permission to change your mind or take a different route than the one expected from you.
- If an unforeseen event takes place this week or next, consider if it could be a “blessing in disguise.”
- Whenever feeling triggered, practices like yin yoga or tai chi are the perfect medicine for the body.